As most of you know, I’m not a “get on the bandwagon” kind of guy. But when my business partners and I had a chance to move into Waterwalk in Wichita, we jumped at it. While we’re only in a smaller, temporary space for now, we are looking forward to receiving clients and spending our workdays in this convenient, pleasant downtown setting.
Free Friday night concerts, a promised Bellagio-styled water feature, complete with lights and music, and a central location really sold us on Waterwalk. But it also provides our company a tremendous opportunity to promote ourselves. Here are a few ways you can follow our lead and utilize your real estate and location as a wichita marketing tool.
1. Make sure you have a nice, big sign that people can actually see from the road and/or walkway.
2. Cross-promote your business with your neighbors. If you are new to the area it’s a great opportunity to get out and meet your fellow business owners. Ask them what kinds of people you can refer to them. They will surely reciprocate.
3. Host an open house. An open house isn’t just for new office space. You should have an open house at least once each year. Then consider hosting other events, such as wine tastings, watch parties for sporting events and parties for little celebrations.
4. If you are in some kind of office community make sure you take advantage of any website, newsletter or e-newsletter opportunities to promote yourself to people around you and throughout the city.
5. Make your office space as comfortable as possible–for your clients. Whatever TV station they like, whatever food and beverage, whatever magazines, give them what they want. Ask them. Don’t just assume.
In order to get more out of that lease check you write each month, these are some great ways to market your business, regardless of where in Wichita it is located.